Segment 1 Creative Movement & Dance Education
Through a range of creative master classes in dance instruction such as Jazz, Hip Hop, cultural, and more; children learn to respect who they are now and imagine the person they will become.
In addition, we incorporate object manipulation into creative dance styles to give children and adolescence a chance to learn a variety of skills that will enhance the creation of their individuality and unique characters. With successful completion of the program, children develop a positive sense of self as well as a healthy physical and emotional outlook.
The Active Learning
program is currently reaching great success in the elementary and intermediate levels for the Santa Ana Unified School District
and THINK Together
with 44 schools. Children have proven to have more self confidence by performing for their peers, with better school attendance in order to participate in the dance classes for after school and a stronger sense of self worth as well as attaining higher cardiovascular and strength endurance levels that are sustained.
Students report working on their routines at home, on the weekends and during recess to keep up with the classes. Children and their caregivers continually rave about the achievements of the program.
Master Classes, Entertainment, Special Events, Performances and Classes as well as Professional Development in Classical, Cultural and Ballroom Dance (including Hip Hop, Break Dance, Swing and much more).
Moving to Learn and Learning to Move™
● Creative movement & dance education for young children.
● All lessons aligned with California & National Dance Standards. Children are taught about the elements of dance and learn about their bodies.
Classical & Cultural Dance
● SAUSD "Think Together" 2008-2010 ( video coming soon )
● Educational classes, master workshops and performances for all ages.
● Cultural styles include: Folklorico, Salsa, Meringue, Cumbia, Persian & Middle Eastern, Polynesian, East Indian, Australian, French, Russian, West African and much more.
Dance for the NON Dancer
● Professional development & educational workshops for secondary school PE teachers on how to integrate dance education into PE. instructional dvd included
● Master teachers will provide classes in various styles of dance to football teams, other sports and regular PE classes. "Hip Hop to Health" DVD FREE with workshop
● CEO & Founder of Active Learning, Hiba Shublak, travels across the world giving seminars and presentations on simple dance for exercise. DVD FREE with workshop
● PE teachers will learn the fundamentals of the elements of dance and how to integrate them into their curriculum or Active Learning will send master teachers to provide classes in various styles of dance.
● Children and adults will enjoy continuous cardiovascular and strength training classes through simple dance steps such as Zumba, Hula, Belly Dance, Hip Hop and more.
● Master teachers will provide fitness-style dance classes with continuous movements concentrating on large motor skills to get the heart rate up.
● Interactive dance and object manipulation including pop & lock, break dance, basketball skills, hula hoops, scarves and much more!